Should you move them or sell them? We unpack what to do with your appliances before you hire home moving services. Before you hire a home moving services company, you’ll want to do a couple of things. First, you’ll want to declutter your home. When you declutter, you’ll want to toss out things you don’t plan on taking to your new home. How many blenders do you need to take with you? Alternatively, does your toaster oven even still work?
What’s more, will your refrigerator fit in your new kitchen? There are many things to consider when going through your kitchen appliances before your move. When you’re preparing to move, determine what you’re going to take before you hire a home moving services company. It would help if you decided whether to move your appliances or sell them. Here are some factors to consider and the pros and cons of each choice.
BEFORE YOU HIRE HOME MOVING SERVICES, TAKE AN INVENTORY OF YOUR APPLIANCES
When you’re preparing for a move, take an inventory of the appliances you have. You’ll want to have an idea of what you have before you hire home moving services. Some items you’ll want to consider are:
– Laundry machines
– Unmounted microwaves
– Wine chillers
– Other small appliances
Determine which appliances you use regularly and if they’re in good shape. Consider how attached you feel to each item. Going through these steps can help you quickly make decisions one way or another. Also, realize you don’t have to either sell or take all of your appliances. You can keep some devices while selling others. If you’re selling your home, these items typically come with a home:
– Heating/cooling systems
Therefore, you don’t need to worry about moving the above items.
WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF SELLING YOUR APPLIANCES BEFORE HIRING HOME MOVING SERVICES?
You can either sell your appliances with your house if you’re selling your house or at a yard sale. Either way, read below for the pros and cons of selling your devices before you hire a home moving services company.
PROS OF SELLING YOUR APPLIANCES BEFORE HIRING HOME MOVING SERVICES
The advantages of selling your appliances before hiring a home moving services company are:
– Selling them before your move can save you money on your moving expenses. Appliances are large and can often be tricky to move. Additionally, the more items you have to move, the more your move will cost.
– If you want to upgrade your appliances, this is the perfect opportunity to make money by selling them. You can take the money you make from your sales and purchase new appliances.
– Your devices may be custom-fit to the home you are selling. Additionally, aspects of your home have been built to fit a unique item. If you’re selling your home, custom appliance holding areas can increase the sale value of the house.
CONS OF SELLING YOUR APPLIANCES BEFORE HIRING HOME MOVING SERVICES
The disadvantages of selling your appliances before hiring a home moving services company are:
– Purchasing new devices, huge items such as washing machines, can be costly. Buying new appliances will add to the already-high price of moving.
– It can be overwhelming and time-consuming to shop for new appliances when you’re in your new home. Shopping for new tools isn’t the first thing you want to do when you get to your new home.
– If you’re selling your home and your buyer doesn’t want your appliances, you have to get rid of them. Alternatively, you have to find another way to sell your devices. Figuring out how to sell your appliances or get rid of them can cost more energy on your part.
If you can’t sell your appliances and want to get rid of them, OCD Moving Services offers junk removal services. We can properly dispose of any unwanted items in an eco-friendly way.
PROS AND CONS OF HIRING A MOVING SERVICES COMPANY TO MOVE YOUR APPLIANCES
Asking your home moving services company to pack up and ship your appliances might be your best option. Read on for factors to consider when determining whether to have your home moving services company move your appliances.
Pros Of Having Your Home Moving Services Company Move Your Appliances
– Installing an appliance that you’ve already chosen to purchase is easier. You’ll know how to install and use the appliance, which means you can start cooking right away.
– You can avoid having to live without significant appliances for a time if you bring them along. A microwave, toaster ovens, and other appliances can be crucial when you’re settling into a new home.
– If there is a sentimental value or a story to your appliances, they’ll help your new house feel familiar. Maybe one of your appliances still has remnants of young kids drawing on them with a marker.
Cons Of Having Your Home Moving Services Company Move Your Appliances
– If you’re selling your home and you take your appliances, you’ll have to replace them to sell the house.
– Shipping appliances across the country can be expensive if you’re moving long-distance. Also, appliances can take up much space on the moving truck. Appliances are too challenging to move, which can increase the cost to hire a home moving services company.
– Fitting your appliances into a new home can require some home renovation, which costs money. Many appliances are uniquely sized and won’t easily fit into your new home.
ASK OCD MOVING SERVICES ABOUT MOVING APPLIANCES
Are you still wondering whether to sell your appliances before your move? Ask the professional home movers at OCD Moving Services what the difference would be in your quote. We can give you a price-based starting point to help you make your decision. If you decide to recycle or donate your appliances, we can help you with that too. Call us today for a free estimate.